Mystery!; Cadfael, Series IV: The Pilgrim of Hate
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Cadfael, Series IV: The Pilgrim of Hate
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
When a flock of pilgrims arrives at Shrewsbury Abbey, Prior Robert ( Michael Culver) discovers a corpse, bound in a sack, among their belongings. With little physical evidence to go on, Cadfael (Derek Jacobi) focuses his attention on two sets of siblings -- the evangelical Luc (Barney Craig) and his curiously penitent brother Cairan (Matt Patresi), and the duplicitous Walter (Lee Ingleby) and his devoted sister Melangell (Natasha Little). Cadfael quickly discovers that not all pilgrims are as pious as they seem.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Cadfael, Series IV: The Pilgrim of Hate,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 2, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0DA605446A5545F7A24A120DF9EAF741.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Cadfael, Series IV: The Pilgrim of Hate.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 2, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0DA605446A5545F7A24A120DF9EAF741>.
- APA: Mystery!; Cadfael, Series IV: The Pilgrim of Hate. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0DA605446A5545F7A24A120DF9EAF741