Mystery!; American Collection: A Thief Of Time
American Mystery! A Thief of Time Widescreen version (slated as HD version)
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- American Collection: A Thief Of Time
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
This new whodunit - adapted from one of Tony Hillerman's best-selling novels featuring Navajo tribal cops Joe Leaphorn (Wes Studi) and Jim Chee (Adam Beach) - delves into the netherworld of illegal archeological excavations and purloined pots, against a backdrop of Navajo witches, spirits and lore. Also starring are Peter Fonda (Easy Rider, The Limey) and Graham Greene (The Green Mile, Northern Exposure). Also returning are Sheila Tousey as Leaphorn's stalwart wife, Emma, whose ill health has brought her back to traditional Navajo ways, and Alex Rice as Chee's dynamic lawyer-friend and love interest, Janet Pete. The title refers to a cautionary poster displayed at the visitors center in Chaco Canyon, New Mexico, which reads, "Thief of Time: Pot Hunters Destroy America's Past." I
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; American Collection: A Thief Of Time,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 21, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0D83BE42875B44E9B4DA56E494872AA1.
- MLA: “Mystery!; American Collection: A Thief Of Time.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 21, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0D83BE42875B44E9B4DA56E494872AA1>.
- APA: Mystery!; American Collection: A Thief Of Time. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0D83BE42875B44E9B4DA56E494872AA1