Teaching Reading 3-5: A Library of Classroom Practices; Choosing Words Strategically
Show #11 Choosing Words Strategically Caroline Cockman, Chapal Hill, NC Protectiion Master-Work for hire Copyright Annenberg Media 2006
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Teaching Reading 3-5: A Library of Classroom Practices
- Choosing Words Strategically
- Program Number
- Series Description
Completed in 2005 This video workshop with auxiliary classroom videos will show intermediate elementary teachers how to help their students transition from “learning to read” to “reading to learn.” The entire classroom lessons are included in eight additional video programs for optional further exploration of each topic. Series release date: 2005
- Program Description
Caroline Cockman’s third grade class is learning how to revise biographies using transitions and more descriptive nouns. A whole-group exercise models the revision process, and small group instruction focuses on students who need extra help in writing. (Optional classroom program)
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Browne, John (Series Producer)
- Lawman, Kelly (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Teaching Reading 3-5: A Library of Classroom Practices; Choosing Words Strategically,” 03/06/2006, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 21, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0CEE8890FCE749AFA76FC9CB398D5905.
- MLA: “Teaching Reading 3-5: A Library of Classroom Practices; Choosing Words Strategically.” 03/06/2006. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 21, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0CEE8890FCE749AFA76FC9CB398D5905>.
- APA: Teaching Reading 3-5: A Library of Classroom Practices; Choosing Words Strategically. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0CEE8890FCE749AFA76FC9CB398D5905