Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Nell Irvin Painter
Fixed + Layed Back * Caption Master 1/20/11 Company: WGBH Boston Media Title: Maria Hinojosa: One on One Episode: Nell Irvin Painter 172 / MHOO504 TRT: 26:46 Op: TC: HD 59.94/1080I VTR: Closed Captioned
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Nell Irvin Painter
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
Noted historian Nell Irvin Painter is a professor emerita at Princeton and the author of numerous books, including Sojouner Truth, A Life, A Symbol; Standing at Armageddon; and Southern History Across the Color Line.
Her latest book, The History of White People, was featured on The Colbert Report and received rave reviews in the US and England. In this conversation with María Hinojosa, Painter explains what drives her, how the idea of beauty has changed in America, and why she doesn’t believe race exists.
NOTE: The 5XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 33XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Nell Irvin Painter,” 01/20/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 17, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0BD3D785B24940DD855B0C63017AF35D.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Nell Irvin Painter.” 01/20/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 17, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0BD3D785B24940DD855B0C63017AF35D>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Nell Irvin Painter. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0BD3D785B24940DD855B0C63017AF35D