Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Salting
Simply Ming Michael Ruhlman & Salting
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Cooking on the Fly: Salting
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Broadcast in Boston one week later than system airdate.
920: MICHAEL RUHLMAN & SALT
Seasoning with salt. What could be simpler, right? Wrong! Think about how many meals you’ve had that were either too salty or under-seasoned! On this episode of SIMPLY MING, Ming is zeroing in on a technique that is critical to successful cooking if done with a gentle hand. Joining him is the perfect man for the job, the ultimate scrutinizer of cooking techniques, author and chef Michael Ruhlman.
Recipes: Caramel Sauce Michael Ruhlman's Grilled Ribeye with Coriander Black Peppercorn Rub on a Zucchini Salad Roasted Lamb Rack with Asian Ratatouille
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Salting,” 01/19/2012, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 25, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0B8E67EBB4DF4D7CB556DCF3EC088FCC.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Salting.” 01/19/2012. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 25, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0B8E67EBB4DF4D7CB556DCF3EC088FCC>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Salting. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0B8E67EBB4DF4D7CB556DCF3EC088FCC