Arthur; D.W. Tale Spins; Prunella Gets it Twice
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- D.W. Tale Spins; Prunella Gets it Twice
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
D.W. Tale Spins: What happens when you combine Greek Mythology with D.W.'s imagination? When Grandma Thora shows D.W. how to be a author of great stories without even knowing how to write, D.W. tells a fantastic tale (with a little help from Homer) that impresses even Arthur.
Prunella Gets It Twice: Getting two Polly Locket dolls almost ruins Prunella's birthday party. That, and Francine's bad mood--why, she wouldn't even sing the Happy Birthday song! Wait... is there a connection? The Ghost of Presents Past appears to Prunella and shows her a thing or two about friendship and gratitude.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; D.W. Tale Spins; Prunella Gets it Twice,” 09/01/1999, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 28, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0B5F59F1F4624C2DAE1456C6C9776DAE.
- MLA: “Arthur; D.W. Tale Spins; Prunella Gets it Twice.” 09/01/1999. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 28, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0B5F59F1F4624C2DAE1456C6C9776DAE>.
- APA: Arthur; D.W. Tale Spins; Prunella Gets it Twice. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0B5F59F1F4624C2DAE1456C6C9776DAE