Arthur; Binky Barnes, Wingman; To Beat or Not To Beat
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Binky Barnes, Wingman; To Beat or Not To Beat
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Binky Barnes, Wingman: Does Binky have a favorite pastime? Not until citywide Bug Week, when suddenly all he can think about is butterflies. But is Binky's obsession with catching Big Blue Butterfly destined to make him the Captain Ahab of Elwood City? And what will become of Moby Dick... er, Big Blue, if it falls into Binky's clutches?
To Beat or Not To Beat There's a horrible racket in Elwood City. Is it a sewer sucking machine? A turbo bug extermination device? No, it's Francine practicing her singing and drumming for the Talent Show! Should Arthur and the gang tell Francine that her act's a sure loser? How can they save their friend from certain humiliation... but save their friendship, too?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Binky Barnes, Wingman; To Beat or Not To Beat,” 09/01/1999, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 15, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0B4CF92C593D4C8FBC551881E5AEB7B5.
- MLA: “Arthur; Binky Barnes, Wingman; To Beat or Not To Beat.” 09/01/1999. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 15, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0B4CF92C593D4C8FBC551881E5AEB7B5>.
- APA: Arthur; Binky Barnes, Wingman; To Beat or Not To Beat. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0B4CF92C593D4C8FBC551881E5AEB7B5