Arthur; Arthur’s Snow Biz; Bugged
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Arthur’s Snow Biz; Bugged
- Program Number
803; 106A; 109A
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets.
Arthur’s Snow Biz
Winter hits Elwood City and Arthur sees dollar signs! His snow-shoveling business is booming -- that is, until Buster decides to get in on the action. As the temperature drops, the competition heats up ... and the boys battle to be the best on the block.
Sure, Brain can be a know-it-all, and sometimes he really bugs people. But when Brain wakes up one morning to discover that he's a cockroach, he can't believe it! Is this a dream ... or has he finally become a real pest?!
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur’s Snow Biz; Bugged,” 08/13/2003, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 28, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0B2ECB61A09947C7A01E1AFE68A16097.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur’s Snow Biz; Bugged.” 08/13/2003. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 28, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0B2ECB61A09947C7A01E1AFE68A16097>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur’s Snow Biz; Bugged. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0B2ECB61A09947C7A01E1AFE68A16097