Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks I, Sharon Olds
Part of New Television Workshop.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Poetry Breaks
- Poetry Breaks I, Sharon Olds
- Series Description
2-5 minute filler programs with New England area writers reading their poetry. Poets include Martin Espada, Galway Kinnell, Sharon Olds. Series release date: 1988
- Program Description
Sharon Olds introduces and reads her poems in various settings at her Martha’s Vineyard retreat. The following poems were edited for broadcast and general distribution, and appear on the master tapes with and without the "Poetry Breaks" logo and copyright: “The Race” “The Missing Boy” “Summer Solstice, New York City” “The One Girl at the Boys’ Party” “I Go Back to May, 1937” “Bathing the New Born” “My Son and the Water Shortage” “Alcatraz”
Multiple takes of these poems and the following appear on the source tapes of original footage: “Topography” “The Victims” “The Injury Six Weeks Later” “True Love” “My Father Snoring”
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Poetry reading
- Oral interpretation of poetry
- Performance in a Studio
- Luchetti, Leita Hagemann (Producer)
- Olds, Sharon ()
- Chicago: “Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks I, Sharon Olds,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 21, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0AAA197EF17247C5A5907D8B6C7EC5D9.
- MLA: “Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks I, Sharon Olds.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 21, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0AAA197EF17247C5A5907D8B6C7EC5D9>.
- APA: Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks I, Sharon Olds. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0AAA197EF17247C5A5907D8B6C7EC5D9