Ten O'Clock News; Investigation of police misconduct
Rep. Kevin Fitzgerald and Sen. Bill Owens support a bill, sponsored by Byron Rushing, creating commission to investigate police misconduct in Stuart murder case. Rep. Michael Flaherty opposes it. Interview with Frank McGee on police investigation.
- Ten O'Clock News
Investigation of police misconduct
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Bills, Legislative
- Stuart, Carol
- Criminal investigation
- Massachusetts -- Politics and government
- Stuart, Charles, 1959-
- Fitzgerald, Kevin W., 1950-2007
- Owens, Bill, 1937-
- Massachusetts. General Court. House of Representatives
- Discrimination in law enforcement
- Massachusetts. General Court. Senate
- Rushing, Byron
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- von Mehren, Jan (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Investigation of police misconduct,” 02/08/1990, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 1, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0A4A6042AB114FB0A3A7121DCF21FAF7.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Investigation of police misconduct.” 02/08/1990. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 1, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0A4A6042AB114FB0A3A7121DCF21FAF7>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Investigation of police misconduct. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0A4A6042AB114FB0A3A7121DCF21FAF7