Peep And The Big Wide World; Dry Duck, Part I; Dry Duck, Part II
Peep Season II textless elements start at 1:23:00. As broadcast by DCI.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Dry Duck, Part I; Dry Duck, Part II
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
Production Season 2 EPISODE 32 (31B/32B) DRY DUCK, PART I BEAVER BOY MOVES AWAY, LEAVING BEHIND A SAD, SAD DUCK. (AND A LOT OF EXTRA STICKS.)
INTERSTITIAL: NOW THE KIDS HAVE ADDED A SECOND DAM UPSTREAM FROM THEIR FIRST DAM. WHEN THEY DO, THEIR FIRST DAM RUNS A BIT DRY. WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THEY BREAK THEIR DAMS?
DRY DUCK, PART II BEAVER BOY HAS LEFT TOWN AND QUACK'S POND HAS DRIED UP. COINCIDENCE? OR IS SOMETHING FISHY GOING ON?
INTERSTITIAL: THE KIDS START A PLANTING PROJECT. THEY PLANT TOMATO AND SUNFLOWER SEEDS. WHAT WILL HAPPEN AS THE SEEDS TAKE ROOT? WILL THEY SPROUT? HOW TALL WILL THEY GET? THE KIDS CHECK BACK WITH THEIR PLANTS OVER THE COURSE OF THE SUMMER TO SEE HOW THEIR PLANTS GROW AND CHANGE.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Dry Duck, Part I; Dry Duck, Part II,” 11/25/2005, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 12, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0A297E4F6DF2498CB5B65BB74C1B8AD6.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Dry Duck, Part I; Dry Duck, Part II.” 11/25/2005. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 12, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0A297E4F6DF2498CB5B65BB74C1B8AD6>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Dry Duck, Part I; Dry Duck, Part II. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0A297E4F6DF2498CB5B65BB74C1B8AD6