Mystery!; Poirot, Series IV: The Affair at the Victory Ball
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Poirot, Series IV: The Affair at the Victory Ball
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
HERCULE POIROT FINDS THE VICTORY BALL TO BE FAR FROM THE RELAXED EVENING'S ENTERTAINMENT HE WAS HOPING FOR. MRS. MALLABY, AN AMERICAN WIDOW, GOES IN SEARCH OF VISCOUNT CRONSHAW FOR A PROMISED DANCE, BUT FINDS HIM DEAD WITH A TABLE KNIFE THROUGH HIS HEART. POIROT SUGGESTS TO INSPECTOR JAPP THAT HE INTERVIEW ACTRESS COCO COURTNEY, BUT SHE IS NO WHERE TO BE FOUND. A POMPOM FROM SOMEONE'S COSTUME PROVES TO BE A VITAL CLUE.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Poirot, Series IV: The Affair at the Victory Ball,” 08/15/1992, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 19, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_09F47B792C7C4D3BB30BA6E47610221B.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Poirot, Series IV: The Affair at the Victory Ball.” 08/15/1992. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 19, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_09F47B792C7C4D3BB30BA6E47610221B>.
- APA: Mystery!; Poirot, Series IV: The Affair at the Victory Ball. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_09F47B792C7C4D3BB30BA6E47610221B