Antiques Roadshow; Atlanta, Ga
Antiques Roadshow # 204 Atlanta , GA Hour 1 of 2 EE Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Antiques Roadshow
- Atlanta, Ga
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROADSHOW is part adventure, part history lesson, part treasure hunt. Specialists from the country's leading auction houses and independent dealers from across the nation, travel throughout the United States offering free appraisals of antiques and collectibles. ANTIQUES ROADSHOW cameras watch as owners recount tales of family heirlooms, yard sale bargains and long-neglected items salvaged from attics and basements, while experts reveal the fascinating truth about these finds. Series hosT 100-400: Chris Jussel; Series hosT 5-600: Dan Elias. Series release date: 1997
- Program Description
204: ANTIQUES ROADSHOW experts gather in Atlanta to look at and appraise everything from European paintings to Civil War memorabilia and other regional pieces. From the Atlanta History Center, Chris Jussel explains how the city's status as a bustling industrial and commercial center made it a prime target for the Union Army during the Civil War, but after the war ended, Atlanta soon regained its place as the "Crossroads of the South." At the Cobb Galleria Centre, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW appraisers have the opportunity to examine an unusual letter written by Abraham Lincoln and a pristine set of ivory, gold and mother-of-pearl dental instruments.
205: In Atlanta, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW appraisers hope to mine a wealth of unusual items from area collectors, including Civil War memorabilia, fine furniture and decorative art. Chris Jussel visits the Kennesaw House in Marietta, one of only two buildings spared when General William Tecumseh Sherman burned the city to the ground; it now houses the Marietta Museum of History. At the Cobb Galleria Centre, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW experts share their excitement over some impressive items, including an original confederate flag and a valuable China trade desk/bookcase.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Moreno, Aida (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Antiques Roadshow; Atlanta, Ga,” 09/07/1997, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 27, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_09D42AD544634F9BABA4ACCCF9613FC9.
- MLA: “Antiques Roadshow; Atlanta, Ga.” 09/07/1997. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 27, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_09D42AD544634F9BABA4ACCCF9613FC9>.
- APA: Antiques Roadshow; Atlanta, Ga. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_09D42AD544634F9BABA4ACCCF9613FC9