Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Filleting Fish
Simply Ming Bryan Caswell & Filleting Fish
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Cooking on the Fly: Filleting Fish
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Broadcast in Boston one week later than system airdate.
913: BRYAN CASWELL & FILLETING FISH
Do you know what to do when your kid or a friend brings you a whole fish? Well, Ming is going to show you how to break down that tasty fresh filet the right way! And waiting in the wings joining Ming, is Houston’s Chef Bryan Caswell. Working together with the surprise catch of the day, and ingredients from Ming’s pantry, they create two delicious dishes on the fly: Tea-Smoked Trout with Thai Cucumber Tomato Salad and Crispy-Skin Snapper with Fennel & Swiss Chard Agro Dolce.
Recipes: Tea-Smoked Trout with Thai Cucumber Tomato Salad Bryan Caswell's Crispy-Skin Snapper with Grapefruit-Fennel & Swiss Chard Agro Dulce
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Filleting Fish,” 11/15/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 14, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_09B501C51817430EA6462FC69A2463C3.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Filleting Fish.” 11/15/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 14, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_09B501C51817430EA6462FC69A2463C3>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Filleting Fish. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_09B501C51817430EA6462FC69A2463C3