La Plaza; De Colores: Portraits Of Visual Artists
De Colores W/ SUBTITLES
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- La Plaza
- De Colores: Portraits Of Visual Artists
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
A neon-kinetic-light artist, a metal sculptor, a film animator, a lithographer, and a video artist are all profiled in this smorgasbord of visual delights.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; De Colores: Portraits Of Visual Artists,” 10/20/1982, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 18, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_09AB6F3E2FF24E8FA5417E6C9A72536D.
- MLA: “La Plaza; De Colores: Portraits Of Visual Artists.” 10/20/1982. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 18, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_09AB6F3E2FF24E8FA5417E6C9A72536D>.
- APA: La Plaza; De Colores: Portraits Of Visual Artists. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_09AB6F3E2FF24E8FA5417E6C9A72536D