Ten O'Clock News; Paul Spencer Adkins
Marcus Jones reports that opera singer Paul Spencer Adkins will be performing the lead male role in the Boston Lyric Opera Company's production of Tosca. Adkins is one of the few African American tenors performing in operas. Interview with Adkins, who says that there have been few African American romantic leads in opera; he says that he wants more African Americans to enter classical music. Adkins talks about his admiration for classical singer Roland Hayes, who lived in Brookline. Jones notes that Adkins is working on a documentary about Hayes. Jones' report includes footage of Adkins rehearsing for Tosca and footage of Roland Hayes.
- Ten O'Clock News
Paul Spencer Adkins
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- African American musicians
- Hayes, Roland, 1887-1977
- Adkins, Paul Spencer, 1951-
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- Jones, Marcus (Reporter)
- Adkins, Paul Spencer, 1951- (Interviewee)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Paul Spencer Adkins,” 09/15/1989, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 18, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0957CAC5975B4E6AA6042B6A3542E084.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Paul Spencer Adkins.” 09/15/1989. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 18, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0957CAC5975B4E6AA6042B6A3542E084>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Paul Spencer Adkins. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0957CAC5975B4E6AA6042B6A3542E084