Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Open Flame, The
Open Flame: The Thrill of the Grill 16x9 Letterbox
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
- Open Flame, The
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiere October 8, 2006
The edgy and provocative Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie provides exclusive entrée into the passionate inner circle of the food world to uncover the latest cutting-edge food trends, must-use ingredients, kitchen gadgets and food destinations. The 20-part series affords viewers privileged access to an arsenal of trusted industry journalists and epicurean experts who deliver compelling food stories from all around the globe. From street food in Shanghai to a "flameless" restaurant in Spain, Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie mixes travel with food to explore, inform and entertain.
Looking at the world food-first, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie is a sophisticated, high-end series that introduces viewers to a feast of cutting-edge food trends, exotic ingredients, and in-the-know food players on an international level. Expanding on the lessons learned during the show's travels, Gourmet Editor-in-Chief Ruth Reichl, along with a supporting staff of Gourmet's renowned food editors, go inside the magazine's test kitchens to show viewers how they can bring this diverse culinary landscape into their own homes.
Produced by WGBH and Zero Point Zero Productions in association with Gourmet magazine and Discovery Networks International, and exclusively sponsored by TIAA-CREF. Series release date: 10/8/2006
- Program Description
THE OPEN FLAME EPISODE 30
Join us as we travel across the globe to visit chefs who are redefining the art of grilling. In Panzano, Italy, one of the world’s greatest butchers shows us how a perfectly prepared steak begins and ends with the dry heat of an open flame. Next we’ll travel to Morocco to experience an ancient method of cooking that uses the intense heat of the fire in a communal bathhouse. Then, at a Fourth of July barbecue in Massachusetts, a great chef stays up all night to demonstrate an entire range of grilling traditions and techniques. And in the Gourmet kitchen, we’re sharing tips for easy grilling in your own backyard.
RECIPES Grilled Clams
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Collins, Christopher (Series Producer)
- Tenaglia, Lydia (Series Producer)
- Zero Point Zero Productions (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Open Flame, The,” 04/09/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 18, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_08F6297CD1F34944BEDC4919E3FC7868.
- MLA: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Open Flame, The.” 04/09/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 18, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_08F6297CD1F34944BEDC4919E3FC7868>.
- APA: Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Open Flame, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_08F6297CD1F34944BEDC4919E3FC7868