Peep And The Big Wide World; Lurmies Are Coming, The; Quack's Square Deal
includes two PEEP stories and one POCOYO interstitial. As broadcast on APT.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Lurmies Are Coming, The; Quack's Square Deal
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
Production season 4 EPISODE 55
56A THE LURMIES ARE COMING: ANIMATION: QUACK ALERTS PEEP AND CHIRP THAT THEY MUST BUILD AN ELEVATED PATH TO ESCAPE THE DREADED, LURKING LURMIES.
INTERSTITIAL: KIDS USE EVERYDAY OBJECTS (AND SHAPES) TO BUILD A CASTLE WITH A TOWER AND A BRIDGE OVER THE WALL….
55B QUACK’S SQUARE DEAL: ANIMATION: CHIRP IS COLLECTING THINGS THAT ARE SQUARE, SO QUACK STARTS A COLLECTION OF THINGS WITH “POINTY-TOPS.” (ODDLY, IF YOU TURN THEM A BIT, THEY LOOK JUST LIKE CHIRP’S SQUARES!)
INTERSTITIAL: KIDS USE BIG CARDBOARD PIECES CUT INTO DIFFERENT SHAPES TO PLAY 2D GAMES: DIFFERENT WAYS TO MAKE A SQUARE. TWO RECTANGLES. TWO RIGHT TRIANGLES. EMPHASIZE THE MULTIPLICITY OF THINGS YOU CAN GET FROM THE SAME TWO SHAPES BY CUTTING, TURNING, CUTTING ANOTHER WAY…. DECOMPOSITION AND RECOMPOSITION. COLORED POSTER BOARD.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Lurmies Are Coming, The; Quack's Square Deal,” 08/01/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 20, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_08EC6893BC3F476787F0A3E6BAAB4CA1.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Lurmies Are Coming, The; Quack's Square Deal.” 08/01/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 20, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_08EC6893BC3F476787F0A3E6BAAB4CA1>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Lurmies Are Coming, The; Quack's Square Deal. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_08EC6893BC3F476787F0A3E6BAAB4CA1