Arthur; Perfect Game, The; D.W.’s Furry Freakout
D-Beta, green label broadcast master. Mix Tracks
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Perfect Game, The; D.W.’s Furry Freakout
- Program Number
1210; 162A; 162B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets.
The Perfect Game: Francine is excited for Mr. Ratburn's coolest assignment yet - he's asked them to design their very own model cities! From minarets to fancy lights, Francine's got plenty of good ideas. But as the deadline looms, she's so obsessed with making everything perfect, that she can't seem to get anything done at all. Educational Objective: The kids in Mr. Ratburn's class learn about urban planning, and in particular about how to take the environment and sustainability into account when planning a city. Francine learns that being a perfectionist can keep you from achieving your goals.
D.W.’s Furry Freakout: D.W. finds a stray kitten and begs to keep it - after all, Arthur has his own dog! But the unbearably cute kitten soon turns out to be a lot more than D.W. can handle and wrecks havoc (and fur balls) all over her life. Maybe D.W. isn't quite ready for a pet after all? Educational Objective: D.W. learns about the great responsibilities involved in taking care of a pet.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Perfect Game, The; D.W.’s Furry Freakout,” 02/25/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 25, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_08D5CB18CF754F32B9E2B29A0ACA7F8A.
- MLA: “Arthur; Perfect Game, The; D.W.’s Furry Freakout.” 02/25/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 25, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_08D5CB18CF754F32B9E2B29A0ACA7F8A>.
- APA: Arthur; Perfect Game, The; D.W.’s Furry Freakout. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_08D5CB18CF754F32B9E2B29A0ACA7F8A