Arthur; Arthur’s Family Feud; Muffy Gets Mature
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Arthur’s Family Feud; Muffy Gets Mature
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Arthur's Family Feud: Who ruined Dad's perfect soufflé? The only thing Arthur and D.W. can agree on is that poor Pal was an unwitting accomplice. To solve this whodunit, Mom and Dad listen to both sides -- and the siblings demonstrate some very imaginative storytelling!
Muffy Gets Mature: When Muffy starts reading Mature Miss magazine, she searches for more sophisticated friends -- and finds worldlier companionship in the form of Francine's teenaged sister and her cool cohorts. But is Muffy in over her head?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur’s Family Feud; Muffy Gets Mature,” 10/27/2000, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 28, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_08919F2A1DBC46328868F7ED659F5EA3.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur’s Family Feud; Muffy Gets Mature.” 10/27/2000. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 28, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_08919F2A1DBC46328868F7ED659F5EA3>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur’s Family Feud; Muffy Gets Mature. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_08919F2A1DBC46328868F7ED659F5EA3