Arthur; A Team, The; Emily Swallows A Horse
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- A Team, The; Emily Swallows A Horse
- Program Number
908; 125A; 121B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets.
A Team, The
Francine and Brain are the best players on the soccer team, and sometimes they wish their teammates could take the game a bit more seriously. So when they make the Elwood City All-Stars Traveling Team, they're as happy as they could be...or are they? Is winning really everything, or is there something about playing with friends that can't be beat?
Emily Swallows A Horse
Emily really wants the sparkly ball D.W. just found, so she tells a little white lie about how Marie-Helene actually gave it to her. No harm done, right? But then Emily has to tell even bigger lies to cover her story! Will she be like that old woman in the fairy tale, who had to swallow the horse to eat her lie...er, fly?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; A Team, The; Emily Swallows A Horse,” 02/08/2005, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 20, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_085BCBE7B9254E969A480D146E8F847A.
- MLA: “Arthur; A Team, The; Emily Swallows A Horse.” 02/08/2005. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 20, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_085BCBE7B9254E969A480D146E8F847A>.
- APA: Arthur; A Team, The; Emily Swallows A Horse. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_085BCBE7B9254E969A480D146E8F847A