Arthur; Paradise Lost; Pride of Lakewood, The
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Paradise Lost; Pride of Lakewood, The
- Program Number
1309; 153A; 165B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See Individual Titles for Additional Assets.
Paradise Lost, 153A Baby Kate is growing up! She’s started saying her first words. But strangely enough, the more words she learns, the less she seems to understand their dog, Pal. The two head off to the Children’s Zoo in search of the Dolly Llama for an explanation, and to see if they can reverse the process. Along the way, they learn that growing up is inevitable and maybe it isn’t so bad.
Pride of Lakewood, The, 165B
To boost school pride, Arthur and his classmates form the Lakewood Pride Committee, which immediately and fervently adds members, distributes buttons and creates special chants. But Brain and Sue Ellen, feeling pressured, decide they don’t want to join – and are accused of not loving their school. Can they prove that they’re proud of Lakewood Elementary even if they’re not part of this new group?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Paradise Lost; Pride of Lakewood, The,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 12, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0852A97447CD433D93DC7E8FB117BEFD.
- MLA: “Arthur; Paradise Lost; Pride of Lakewood, The.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 12, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0852A97447CD433D93DC7E8FB117BEFD>.
- APA: Arthur; Paradise Lost; Pride of Lakewood, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0852A97447CD433D93DC7E8FB117BEFD