Artist's Showcase; Artists on Artists; Man Ray, Man Ray
Part of New Television Workshop.
In William Wegman's "Man Ray, Man Ray," the biographies of Wegman's dog and of the artist Man Ray merge. Host Russell Connor provides straightforward documentary-style narration of important details of both lives -- life in Paris, the Armory Show, artistic influences, and obedience school. Samples of photographic works by Man Ray and Wegman's video work (featuring his dog Man Ray) are included. Key figures in the artist's life are represented by images from a high school yearbook and other "found" photographs. Approximate date: 1978
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Artist's Showcase
- Artists on Artists
Man Ray, Man Ray
- Series Description
Anthology series of experimental, avant garde video productions. Program titles: "DANCE FOR CAMERA - SHOW I: DISTRICT I and PALE COOL, PALE WARM;" "DANCE FOR CAMERA - SHOW II: TZADDICK;" "DANCE FOR CAMERA - SHOW III: GEORGE'S HOUSE;" "SELECTED WORKS - 1974 - 1975;" "THE GIRL WITH THE FLAXEN HAIR;" "SET OF COINCIDENCE;" "ALL ACROSS BOSTON;" " UNTITLED PERFORMANCE BY ROBERT GOLDMAN;" "QUIDDATAS;" "TELEPORTRAITS;" "FOUR SIDED TAPES;" "AMY LOWELL;" "PRIMORDIAL SOUP;" "HOWARD;" "THIRD TAPE;" "PAST FANTASIES;" "SEMI BUFFET;" "EAST ENDED TAPE;" "A COLOR PIECE FOR TV;" "CONTEXTS AND ONE AND MANY;" "THREE TRANSITIONS;" "CITY SCAPE;" "OUT OF TIME;" "NO TITLE." Series release date: 1975
- Program Description
Series Description: The “Artists on Artists” project was originally intended to create short spots to be broadcast as fills (segments between other programs). Works were acquired and/or produced for the project. The majority of this material was broadcast as part of “Artist’s Showcase.”
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Documentaries and factual works
- Wegman, William
- Man Ray, 1890-1976
- Film and Television
- Publication Information
- WGBH Educational Foundation
- Chicago: “Artist's Showcase; Artists on Artists; Man Ray, Man Ray,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 25, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0814A6E98C934BDB88F47AE7292E4ACC.
- MLA: “Artist's Showcase; Artists on Artists; Man Ray, Man Ray.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 25, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0814A6E98C934BDB88F47AE7292E4ACC>.
- APA: Artist's Showcase; Artists on Artists; Man Ray, Man Ray. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0814A6E98C934BDB88F47AE7292E4ACC