Simply Ming; On the Road: Modern Azorean Cuisine With Chef Hugo Ferriera
Simply Ming Ep 1013 Azores: Hugo Ferreira Modern Azorean Cuisine SD Upconvert
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- On the Road: Modern Azorean Cuisine With Chef Hugo Ferriera
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Steeped in tradition, the islands that make up the Azores are rich with culinary traditions that will be shared as Simply Ming goes “on the road”. Ming shops in a local market where he discovers the vast array of local fruits, vegetables, meats and cheeses. He joins Hugo Ferreira, a celebrated chef from the cooking school on the island of Sao Miguel, and together the two cook on the fly using their market ingredients to come up with dishes that reflect Azorean culinary traditions but with a modern day twist.
Recipes Tea Smoked Amberjack with Beurre Noisette Leeks & Azorean Corn Salad Pan Seared Amberjack with Yuzu Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; On the Road: Modern Azorean Cuisine With Chef Hugo Ferriera,” 11/15/2012, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_07EA00F9FA4744BC8CA5B5AC8F11A551.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; On the Road: Modern Azorean Cuisine With Chef Hugo Ferriera.” 11/15/2012. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_07EA00F9FA4744BC8CA5B5AC8F11A551>.
- APA: Simply Ming; On the Road: Modern Azorean Cuisine With Chef Hugo Ferriera. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_07EA00F9FA4744BC8CA5B5AC8F11A551