Arthur; Squirrels, The; Arthur Changes Gears
Beta SP - Split Track Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Squirrels, The; Arthur Changes Gears
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Season X (10): 1002 and 1006 See Also Individual Program Titles for Additional Assets. Broadcast: 2006
1002: The Squirrels: After watching the classic horror movie, "The Squirrels," Arthur and his friends are scared to step out into the playground...and just about everywhere else! Are squirrels suddenly trying to take over the world? Will Arthur ever be able to go outside again? Or will he and the gang find a way to make friends with their furry neighbors?
1006: Arthur Changes Gears: Arthur finally saves enough money to buy the bike of his dreams! But...this new bike is way too nice to actually ride. What if it gets wet? Or dirty?! It takes the whole gang -- plus a special visit by the Ghost of Bikes Never Ridden -- to convince Arthur that his treasured possession is better off being enjoyed than kept on display.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Squirrels, The; Arthur Changes Gears,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_07C4F9C44DE14E6A909D766B4395132F.
- MLA: “Arthur; Squirrels, The; Arthur Changes Gears.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_07C4F9C44DE14E6A909D766B4395132F>.
- APA: Arthur; Squirrels, The; Arthur Changes Gears. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_07C4F9C44DE14E6A909D766B4395132F