Simply Ming; Kochu Jang/ Worcestershire Sauce
Kochu Jang and Worcestershire Sauce with Rick Bayless Anamorphic
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Simply Ming
- Kochu Jang/ Worcestershire Sauce
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef: Rick Bayless (Chicago)
The chile bean paste kochu jang is paired with flavorful Worcestershire sauce for a bold East-West combination in this week’s SIMPLY MING recipes. Chef Ming Tsai combines one of his favorite drinks and appetizers to create Bloody Mary Scallop Ceviche. For an easy all-in-one meal, Ming makes Barbecue Shrimp and Rice Noodles. In his travels to Chicago, Ming visits Rick Bayless, host of American Public Television’s Mexico—One Plate at a Time, who uses the East-West duo to create Skirt Steak Salad with Baby Swiss Chard. Back in the studio kitchen, Ming puts a spin on a classic and symbolic Shanghai meatball dish by preparing Mini “Lion’s Head” Meatballs and Snow Cabbage.
Recipes: BBQ Shrimp and Rice Noodles
Mini “Lion’s Head” and Snow Cabbage
Rick Bayless's Skirt Steak Salad with Baby Swiss Chard
Bloody Mary Scallop Ceviche
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Kochu Jang/ Worcestershire Sauce,” 06/05/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 18, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_07635EFF8C6544D5831AF3B2608CAD4A.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Kochu Jang/ Worcestershire Sauce.” 06/05/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 18, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_07635EFF8C6544D5831AF3B2608CAD4A>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Kochu Jang/ Worcestershire Sauce. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_07635EFF8C6544D5831AF3B2608CAD4A