Ten O'Clock News; Evelyn Murphy, acting governor
Evelyn Murphy, as acting governor, takes testimony from Worcester citizens on budget needs. Interview with Murphy on her role in advising governor Dukakis. Interview with Dukakis, who declines to give up his seat as governor while he campaigns for the presidency. Dukakis press conference.
- Ten O'Clock News
Evelyn Murphy, acting governor
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Political campaigns
- Murphy, Evelyn F.
- Dukakis, Michael S. (Michael Stanley), 1933-
- Massachusetts -- Politics and government
- Worcester (Mass.)
- News Report
- Dukakis, Michael S. (Michael Stanley), 1933- (Interviewee)
- George, Christy (Reporter)
- Murphy, Evelyn F. (Interviewee)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Evelyn Murphy, acting governor,” 05/05/1988, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 20, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0720EB6E057A480F9BD1CAC32F604EA0.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Evelyn Murphy, acting governor.” 05/05/1988. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 20, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0720EB6E057A480F9BD1CAC32F604EA0>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Evelyn Murphy, acting governor. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0720EB6E057A480F9BD1CAC32F604EA0