Ten O'Clock News; DiGrazia on mob violence, Part 2
Boston Police Department press conference with Police Commissioner Robert DiGrazia, Superintendent Joseph Jordan, Deputy Superintendent Lawrence Quinlan, Captain Morris Allen, and Captain Fred Conley. Steve Dunleavy (spokesperson for DiGrazia) is the moderator. The speakers are seated at a table featuring an array of street weapons used against police in a riot in South Boston on the previous day. DiGrazia says that violence and disruptions of public order will no longer be tolerated. He says that the police department is actively investigating participants in the violence at the previous day's demonstration in South Boston. DiGrazia says that the police are gathering evidence against the South Boston Marshals and others for engaging in violent actions. DiGrazia notes that the demonstrators in South Boston knowingly violated the restrictions of their parade permit. Some drop out in the middle of the video. Reel 2 of 2.
- Ten O'Clock News
DiGrazia on mob violence, Part 2
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- DiGrazia, Robert J.
- Press conferences
- Busing for school integration
- Jordan, Joseph M.
- Boston (Mass.). Police Dept.
- South Boston (Boston, Mass.)
- News Report
- DiGrazia, Robert J. (Speaker)
- Jordan, Joseph M. (Speaker)
- Stoia, Judy (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; DiGrazia on mob violence, Part 2,” 02/16/1976, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 16, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_05A1294B88D34D91B058CBCAD223B16E.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; DiGrazia on mob violence, Part 2.” 02/16/1976. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 16, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_05A1294B88D34D91B058CBCAD223B16E>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; DiGrazia on mob violence, Part 2. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_05A1294B88D34D91B058CBCAD223B16E