Curious George; George and Marco Sound It Out; Monkey's Duckling, A
CUGE 501 - PBS Media Operation Center Fully Packaged Show Program 501, Stories: 413B; 405B
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Curious George
- George and Marco Sound It Out; Monkey's Duckling, A
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premieres September 4, 2006 CURIOUS GEORGE is an animated series based on the popular books by Margret and H.A. Rey and airs daily on PBS Kids. Aimed at pre-school viewers (ages three to five), the goal of the series is to inspire children to explore science, engineering, and math in the world around them. And what better guide is there for this kind of exploration than the world's most curious monkey?
While remaining true to the look and feel of the beloved books, the daily series expands George's world to include a host of colorful new characters and locales. Each episode features two animated stories followed by short live-action segments in which real kids investigate the ideas that George introduces in the stories. The series is narrated by Emmy award-winning actor William H. Macy.
CURIOUS GEORGE is a production of Imagine Entertainment, WGBH Boston and Universal Studios Family Productions. Series release date: 9/4/2006
- Program Description
George and Marco Sound It Out Nothing can stop George from listening to his favorite band, Lobos de Plata, a Latin band that plays in Endless Park. So when the bandstand is taken down, George goes on a mission with his friend and band-member, 8 year-old Marco, to find a perfect place for the band to play. After a day of checking the acoustics at Pisghetti’s, the zoo, and George’s lobby, their last hope is the museum. Will it have a room that is quiet, won’t produce echoes, and is large enough for an entire band?
A Monkey’s Duckling George is so anxious for Dumpling Duck’s eggs to hatch that he takes over as chief egg-sitter when Dumpling takes a break. When the first duckling emerges and sees George, he thinks the monkey is his mama! As George shows his doting protégé the differences between a monkey and a duck, can he convince the duckling that birds of a feather should flock together?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Curious George; George and Marco Sound It Out; Monkey's Duckling, A,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 20, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0587D985FBE2410698413571BC31D84C.
- MLA: “Curious George; George and Marco Sound It Out; Monkey's Duckling, A.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 20, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0587D985FBE2410698413571BC31D84C>.
- APA: Curious George; George and Marco Sound It Out; Monkey's Duckling, A. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0587D985FBE2410698413571BC31D84C