Arthur; D.W. Thinks Big; Arthur Cleans Up
WGBH EE Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- D.W. Thinks Big; Arthur Cleans Up
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
D.W. Thinks Big: Once again, Arthur gets to do everything. Mostly he gets to carry the ring in Aunt Lucy's wedding. "Why can't I carry the ring?" D.W. grumbles. "Because you're too little," Arthur reminds her. But D.W. gets her chance when the ring falls in between the church organ pipes. Suddenly it's a good thing to be little, because only D.W. can save the day! Based on a book of the same title by Marc Brown.
Arthur Cleans Up: Elwood City's park is in sad shape, and after grumbling about it, the kids find themselves volunteered to clean it up. And even though it's a lot of work, in the end they all decide it feels great to make a difference.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; D.W. Thinks Big; Arthur Cleans Up,” 09/20/1996, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 26, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_057F4C61680843E0985220F85B66F22C.
- MLA: “Arthur; D.W. Thinks Big; Arthur Cleans Up.” 09/20/1996. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 26, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_057F4C61680843E0985220F85B66F22C>.
- APA: Arthur; D.W. Thinks Big; Arthur Cleans Up. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_057F4C61680843E0985220F85B66F22C