Martha Speaks; Penguin Always Rings Twice, The; Martha Code, The
MSPE 204 MI #1123563 PBS
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Penguin Always Rings Twice, The; Martha Code, The
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
The Penguin Always Rings Twice
Someone keeps stealing the zoo's peanut supply. All clues point to Jeffy the elephant, but Martha and Skits are determined to prove his innocence. Can their crack crime-fighting team — a lemur, a bat, a penguin, a baby tiger, and Jeffy — help them outwit the thieves?
(E) mystery, clue, culprit, hunch, motive
(I) first, second, next, last, after
The Martha Code
After Martha accidentally eats a secret code, it's really, really hard to understand what she's saying. Now Martha's lost and she's leaving Helen coded phone messages. Can Helen break the code and find out where she is? Vocabulary
(E) code, decipher, message, gibberish, arbitrary
(I) break, unbreakable, crack, secret, key, figure out
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Penguin Always Rings Twice, The; Martha Code, The,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 11, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0557FD32BB2C4C0088DBEBD2916795F3.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Penguin Always Rings Twice, The; Martha Code, The.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 11, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0557FD32BB2C4C0088DBEBD2916795F3>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Penguin Always Rings Twice, The; Martha Code, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0557FD32BB2C4C0088DBEBD2916795F3