Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series IX: The Day of the Devil
Inspector Morse Series IX Day of the Devil Episode 1 REPACK
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Inspector Morse, Series IX: The Day of the Devil
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
Broadcast Feb. 1 and 8, 1996
In this thriller, a dangerous mental patient, John Barrie (Keith Allen), escapes from a high security hospital. A master of disguise, Barrie sets up an elaborate and deadly battle of wits with Chief Inspector Morse as the Oxford police engage in a manhunt. Morse quickly realizes he is dealing with more than just a rapist on the run when signs of satanism appear in Oxfordshire. The only person who seems able to help Morse track down Barrie is Barrie's psychiatrist, Dr. Esther Martin (Harriet Walter) -- but she also seems the person most threatened by Barrie's freedom.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series IX: The Day of the Devil,” 03/12/1998, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 20, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_053EEB317AFA47BEB98CBC1828F88D08.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series IX: The Day of the Devil.” 03/12/1998. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 20, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_053EEB317AFA47BEB98CBC1828F88D08>.
- APA: Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series IX: The Day of the Devil. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_053EEB317AFA47BEB98CBC1828F88D08