Evening at Pops; Ella Fitzgerald (1973)
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Ella Fitzgerald (1973)
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
Ella Fitzgerald and the Boston Pops Orchestra perform:
Ives/Schuman: Variations on America Billings/Schuman: Chester (N. England Triptych) Berlin/Mason: Berlin Bouqet Herman: Hello, Dolly Arlen: Old Black Magic Porter: Down in the Depths Fisher: Good Morning Heartache Rodgers: Alone Too Long Ellington: Duke Ellington Medley Jackson: Lemondrop Gershwin: S'Wonderful Merrill: People
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Ella Fitzgerald (1973),” 09/12/1974, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 22, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0525FDA547B94D8ABFE51B123C0DD974.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Ella Fitzgerald (1973).” 09/12/1974. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 22, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0525FDA547B94D8ABFE51B123C0DD974>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Ella Fitzgerald (1973). Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0525FDA547B94D8ABFE51B123C0DD974