Antiques Roadshow; Providence, Ri
Hour 2 EE Master
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Antiques Roadshow
- Providence, Ri
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROADSHOW is part adventure, part history lesson, part treasure hunt. Specialists from the country's leading auction houses and independent dealers from across the nation, travel throughout the United States offering free appraisals of antiques and collectibles. ANTIQUES ROADSHOW cameras watch as owners recount tales of family heirlooms, yard sale bargains and long-neglected items salvaged from attics and basements, while experts reveal the fascinating truth about these finds. Series hosT 100-400: Chris Jussel; Series hosT 5-600: Dan Elias. Series release date: 1997
- Program Description
407: College Hill, in Providence, Rhode Island, site of the historic Nightingale House, is the setting for host Chris Jussel's introduction to this episode of ANTIQUES ROADSHOW. Appraisers find some real treasures among the objects brought to the Rhode Island Convention Center, including an unusual collection of Boy Scout neckerchief slides, a striking stoneware jug and a spectacular jade and gold jewelry box estimated to be worth between $80,000 and $125,000.
408: ANTIQUES ROADSHOW host Chris Jussel welcomes viewers back to Providence, Rhode Island, from the museum at the renowned Rhode Island School of Design, which boasts one of the most comprehensive collections of great American furniture found anywhere. At the Rhode Island Convention Center, experts are delighted by the variety of collectibles brought in, including a Dr. Evil doll, a collection of wonderful Persian prints and a beautiful French mantel clock valued at between $50,000 and $80,000.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Moreno, Aida (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Antiques Roadshow; Providence, Ri,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 17, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_04E8F9A3B2684C7A9200E72646F9EE76.
- MLA: “Antiques Roadshow; Providence, Ri.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 17, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_04E8F9A3B2684C7A9200E72646F9EE76>.
- APA: Antiques Roadshow; Providence, Ri. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_04E8F9A3B2684C7A9200E72646F9EE76