Peep And The Big Wide World; Hide and Go Peep; Peep of a Different Color, A
includes two PEEP stories and one POCOYO interstitial. As broadcast on APT.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Hide and Go Peep; Peep of a Different Color, A
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Rebroadcast as Program 225 HIDE AND GO PEEP PEEP AND CHIRP INVENT A WONDERFUL NEW GAME—AND QUACK QUICKLY LEARNS THAT IT’S NOT EASY BEING BLUE!
INTERSTITIAL: DIBA IS "IT" IN A GAME OF HIDE AND SEEK. JOSH CAMOUFLAGED HIMSELF IN A BUSH. SHE FOUND HIM. TESSA WAS WEARING LIGHT CLOTHING SO SHE HID AMONG LIGHT THINGS. DIBA FOUND HER. WHERE'S OLIVER? "SEE IF YOU CAN FIND GOOD PLACES TO HIDE YOURSELF WHEN YOU PLAY HIDE AND SEEK."
A PEEP OF A DIFFERENT COLOR PEEP, QUACK, AND CHIRP DISCOVER PAINT AND THE JOY OF LOOKING DIFFERENT.
INTERSTITIAL: THE KIDS ARE MAKING A BIG COLORFUL MAP OF A CITY. THEY HAVE GREEN, BLUE, RED, YELLOW, BLACK AND WHITE PAINT. HOW CAN THEY MAKE PURPLE? HOW ABOUT A LIGHTER GREEN? "TRY MIXING PAINT TO MAKE YOUR OWN COLORS."
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Hide and Go Peep; Peep of a Different Color, A,” 08/01/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_04E22B867190436F976B27568B1EB1EB.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Hide and Go Peep; Peep of a Different Color, A.” 08/01/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_04E22B867190436F976B27568B1EB1EB>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Hide and Go Peep; Peep of a Different Color, A. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_04E22B867190436F976B27568B1EB1EB