Peep And The Big Wide World; Peep Figures It Out
Peep Figures It Out HV (home video) Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Peep Figures It Out
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
Home Video DVD:
Eight animated episodes are followed by live-action segments with kids doing experiments based on the show. Episodes include "Bridge the Gap" (bridges), "The Whatchamacallit," (about ramps and mass) "Flipping Newton," (levers), "Shadow Play," (how shadows can be used to scare!) "Go West Young Peep" (sunset) "Peet Feet" (measuring) "Chirp Builds a Nest" (construction) and "Night Light" (why is it dark at night?) The last two are listed as "bonus material" but come up in the main menu. Other DVD features include a Spanish-language audio track, bilingual downloadable activity sheets and coloring pages.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Peep Figures It Out,” 01/31/2007, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 22, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_049E813D893F459287D6EFC1F416471D.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Peep Figures It Out.” 01/31/2007. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 22, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_049E813D893F459287D6EFC1F416471D>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Peep Figures It Out. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_049E813D893F459287D6EFC1F416471D