Antiques Roadshow; Birmingham, AL
Hour 1 EE Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Antiques Roadshow
- Birmingham, AL
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROADSHOW is part adventure, part history lesson, part treasure hunt. Specialists from the country's leading auction houses and independent dealers from across the nation, travel throughout the United States offering free appraisals of antiques and collectibles. ANTIQUES ROADSHOW cameras watch as owners recount tales of family heirlooms, yard sale bargains and long-neglected items salvaged from attics and basements, while experts reveal the fascinating truth about these finds. Series hosT 100-400: Chris Jussel; Series hosT 5-600: Dan Elias. Series release date: 1997
- Program Description
403: Host Chris Jussel welcomes viewers to Birmingham, Alabama, from the Birmingham Museum of Art, the largest art museum in the Southeast, with the largest and most comprehensive collection of Wedgwood outside of England. At the Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex, appraisers are thrilled to find a rare collection of Gone with the Wind memorabilia, an interesting old Bible and a marvelous miniature Chippendale chest estimated to be worth between $50,000 and $60,000.
404: From the historic Sloss Furnaces Complex in Birmingham,Alabama, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW host Chris Jussel describes how a combination of abundant raw materials and entrepreneurship fueled the early growth of the city's iron and steel industries in the 19th century. ANTIQUES ROADSHOW experts at the Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex find a wealth of interesting objects, including an exquisite late 19th-century crazy quilt and an unusual gold ring with a surprise inside—and a surprising value of between $15,000 and $20,000.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Moreno, Aida (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Antiques Roadshow; Birmingham, AL,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 22, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0444ECFECD8B45BCB23408668A3F9479.
- MLA: “Antiques Roadshow; Birmingham, AL.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 22, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0444ECFECD8B45BCB23408668A3F9479>.
- APA: Antiques Roadshow; Birmingham, AL. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0444ECFECD8B45BCB23408668A3F9479