Evening at Pops; PDQ Bach
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- PDQ Bach
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
The Boston Pops Orchestra perform:
Strauss: Thunder and Lightning, Polka-Schnell Op. 324 Offenbach: Overture to Orpheus in Hades Rimsky-Korsakoff: Flight of the Bumblebee White: Mosquito Dance Cailliet (arr.): Pop Goes the Weasel P.D.Q. Bach: Concerto for Piano vs. Orchestra, S 88 Waldteufel: Estudiantina, Waltzes
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; PDQ Bach,” 01/06/1974, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 17, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_037C3407B7294BA5A558A1828AD45E24.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; PDQ Bach.” 01/06/1974. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 17, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_037C3407B7294BA5A558A1828AD45E24>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; PDQ Bach. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_037C3407B7294BA5A558A1828AD45E24