Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Lea Salonga
Caption Master 4/6/10 La Plaza: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One Lea Salonga 3219 TC: SD 29.97 DF TRT: 26:46 Anamorphic, CC
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Lea Salonga
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
Lea Salonga is a Filipina singer and actress who is best known for her lead role in the hit musical Miss Saigon. She has received the most important theater awards, including the Oliver, the Drama Desk, the Outer Critics, the Theatre World Awards and the Tony. She is the singing voice of Princess Jasmine for Disney’s animated feature film Aladdin and Fa Mulan for Mulan and Mulan II.
In this conversation with Maria Hinojosa, Salonga talks about the controversy surrounding the US debut of Miss Saigon, theater's non-traditional casting, and her dream role. In this episode, Salonga performs the hit song "I would give my life for you" from Miss Saigon.
NOTE: The 4XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 32XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Lea Salonga,” 04/06/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 25, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0322601F3CAB4EDBB23314FD333242D5.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Lea Salonga.” 04/06/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 25, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0322601F3CAB4EDBB23314FD333242D5>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Lea Salonga. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0322601F3CAB4EDBB23314FD333242D5