Arthur; Paradise Lost; Silent Treatment
D-Beta, green label broadcast master, mix tracks
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Paradise Lost; Silent Treatment
- Program Number
1309; 153A; 1302; 153B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See Individual Titles for additional assets:
Paradise Lost, 153A Baby Kate is growing up! She’s started saying her first words. But strangely enough, the more words she learns, the less she seems to understand their dog, Pal. The two head off to the Children’s Zoo in search of the Dolly Llama for an explanation, and to see if they can reverse the process. Along the way, they learn that growing up is inevitable and maybe it isn’t so bad.
Silent Treatment, 153B When quiet, shy George wonders if any of his friends really notice him, he has a great idea. He's not going to speak to anyone until they notice! Well when they do in fact notice he's been feeling sad, they decide to throw him a surprise party to make him feel special. But it backfires, when they need to avoid him to plan the party!
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Paradise Lost; Silent Treatment,” 02/25/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_02AC8B7DCD3B462C8F6AED9F9680DD3C.
- MLA: “Arthur; Paradise Lost; Silent Treatment.” 02/25/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_02AC8B7DCD3B462C8F6AED9F9680DD3C>.
- APA: Arthur; Paradise Lost; Silent Treatment. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_02AC8B7DCD3B462C8F6AED9F9680DD3C