Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Anatomy Of A Meal: Paul Bartolotta
Anatomy of a Meal: Paul Bartolotta 16x9 Letterbox
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
- Anatomy Of A Meal: Paul Bartolotta
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiere October 8, 2006
The edgy and provocative Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie provides exclusive entrée into the passionate inner circle of the food world to uncover the latest cutting-edge food trends, must-use ingredients, kitchen gadgets and food destinations. The 20-part series affords viewers privileged access to an arsenal of trusted industry journalists and epicurean experts who deliver compelling food stories from all around the globe. From street food in Shanghai to a "flameless" restaurant in Spain, Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie mixes travel with food to explore, inform and entertain.
Looking at the world food-first, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie is a sophisticated, high-end series that introduces viewers to a feast of cutting-edge food trends, exotic ingredients, and in-the-know food players on an international level. Expanding on the lessons learned during the show's travels, Gourmet Editor-in-Chief Ruth Reichl, along with a supporting staff of Gourmet's renowned food editors, go inside the magazine's test kitchens to show viewers how they can bring this diverse culinary landscape into their own homes.
Produced by WGBH and Zero Point Zero Productions in association with Gourmet magazine and Discovery Networks International, and exclusively sponsored by TIAA-CREF. Series release date: 10/8/2006
- Program Description
Episode 35 How did a kid from Milwaukee become one of America’s finest chefs? Join us as Paul Bartolotta, one of the first chefs in America to elevate Italian cuisine to four-star status, shows us the fresh ingredients and the classic techniques behind his wonderful, deceptively simple cuisine. Then we’ll travel to Italy to discover some of Bartolotta’s inspirations: The age-old craft of making Parmigiano-Reggiano, and one of the most important fishing ports along the Adriatic. Back in the Gourmet kitchen, we’ll mix Italian ingredients with French techniques to amazing effect.
RECIPES Fish in Papillote Lobster in Crazy Water
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Tenaglia, Lydia (Series Producer)
- Collins, Christopher (Series Producer)
- Zero Point Zero Productions (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Anatomy Of A Meal: Paul Bartolotta,” 04/09/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_01CA16DA973A40C8AB27EDDDF44EC488.
- MLA: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Anatomy Of A Meal: Paul Bartolotta.” 04/09/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_01CA16DA973A40C8AB27EDDDF44EC488>.
- APA: Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Anatomy Of A Meal: Paul Bartolotta. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_01CA16DA973A40C8AB27EDDDF44EC488