Arthur; Room To Ride; Frensky Family Fiasco, The
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Room To Ride; Frensky Family Fiasco, The
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
"Room to Ride" Lance Armstrong makes a special trip to Elwood City in this episode about bicycling and good citizenship. Wanting more room to ride, Binky and his friends take to the streets to convince residents to vote for new bike safety lanes. When all hope seems lost, Lance gives Binky support and encouragement never to give up his cause.
"The Frensky Family Fiasco" Francine wants the Frenskys to be closer, so she proposes a weekly Family Night. But spending quality time together turns out to be harder than expected. How many burnt pizzas and card-playing fights can one family handle? Maybe they all can learn that togetherness itself is more important than observing an organized activity.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Room To Ride; Frensky Family Fiasco, The,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 21, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_018B8D7765E5491695A207119DB25943.
- MLA: “Arthur; Room To Ride; Frensky Family Fiasco, The.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 21, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_018B8D7765E5491695A207119DB25943>.
- APA: Arthur; Room To Ride; Frensky Family Fiasco, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_018B8D7765E5491695A207119DB25943