World Special; Death of a Princess: The Arab Dilemma
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- World Special
- Death of a Princess: The Arab Dilemma
- Series Description
Documentary series with international stories. Predecessor to FRONTLINE, executive producer David Fanning. Five seasons from 1978-1981. "WORLD has presented a series of international documentaries. One of our concerns has been to show the world as others see it, and we are committed to the idea that we should include those who normally don't have a chance to have their voices heard." -- quote from opening to Blacks Britannica (1978) Series release date: 1978
- Program Description
In-studio panel discussion that aired directly after broadcast of original Death of a Princess film, discussing the content and controversy surrounding the film. Panel moderated by Michael Dukakis, includes: Ambassador Clovis Maksoud, Observer to the United Nations for the League of Arab States; Roger Fisher,Professor of International Law, Harvard Law School; Imam Muddasir Siddiqui, religious leader of the Muslim community of greater Boston; Andrew Duncan, Author and Journalist; Judith Kipper, Journalist, American Enterprise Institute; Peter Iseman, Author and Arabist; program also includes taped comments from James Akins, Former United States Ambassador to Saudi Arabia. Panel program produced by Peter Cook and Elizabeth Deane, directed by Janet McFadden.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Global Affairs
- Cook, Peter (Producer)
- Deane, Elizabeth (Producer)
- Chicago: “World Special; Death of a Princess: The Arab Dilemma,” 05/12/1980, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 3, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_017C3C166F344FDBBC031D6C9A5B5FD5.
- MLA: “World Special; Death of a Princess: The Arab Dilemma.” 05/12/1980. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 3, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_017C3C166F344FDBBC031D6C9A5B5FD5>.
- APA: World Special; Death of a Princess: The Arab Dilemma. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_017C3C166F344FDBBC031D6C9A5B5FD5