La Plaza; GUATEMALA: FROM BULLETS TO BALLOTS
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- La Plaza
- GUATEMALA: FROM BULLETS TO BALLOTS
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
(From PBS Submission Form) “A close look at Guatemala’s turbulent and violent past, the history of its military apparatus, and the 1985 free election of the country’s first civilian president since 1966; includes exclusive on-location interviews with former Chief of State General Majia Victores and with new President Vinicio Cerezo.”
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; GUATEMALA: FROM BULLETS TO BALLOTS,” 03/27/1986, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 23, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0120160B281F46899F273B47F5F44D0E.
- MLA: “La Plaza; GUATEMALA: FROM BULLETS TO BALLOTS.” 03/27/1986. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 23, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0120160B281F46899F273B47F5F44D0E>.
- APA: La Plaza; GUATEMALA: FROM BULLETS TO BALLOTS. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0120160B281F46899F273B47F5F44D0E