Arthur; Hide and Snake; Muffy’s New Best Friend
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Hide and Snake; Muffy’s New Best Friend
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Hide and Snake: The kids capture a snake and learn that it's possibly poisonous-but only after it gets lost in Arthur's house! Can they find the snake before Arthur's parents discover their slippery little secret?
Muffy's New Best Friend: Why is Muffy interviewing for a new best friend? She and Francine are usually inseparable, but lately it seems they have less in common than they thought. Will the girls realize that even the best of friends can have different interests?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Hide and Snake; Muffy’s New Best Friend,” 09/01/1999, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed November 20, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_00A735680B5441E495FF024616449E1F.
- MLA: “Arthur; Hide and Snake; Muffy’s New Best Friend.” 09/01/1999. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. November 20, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_00A735680B5441E495FF024616449E1F>.
- APA: Arthur; Hide and Snake; Muffy’s New Best Friend. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_00A735680B5441E495FF024616449E1F