Antiques Roadshow; Pittsburgh, Pa
Antiques Roadshow # 208 Pittsburgh , PA Hour 1 of 2 EE Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Antiques Roadshow
- Pittsburgh, Pa
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROADSHOW is part adventure, part history lesson, part treasure hunt. Specialists from the country's leading auction houses and independent dealers from across the nation, travel throughout the United States offering free appraisals of antiques and collectibles. ANTIQUES ROADSHOW cameras watch as owners recount tales of family heirlooms, yard sale bargains and long-neglected items salvaged from attics and basements, while experts reveal the fascinating truth about these finds. Series hosT 100-400: Chris Jussel; Series hosT 5-600: Dan Elias. Series release date: 1997
- Program Description
208: In Pittsburgh, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW specialists from the nation's great auction houses look for silver, classic toys and games and old Pittsburgh glass. From his vantage point overlooking what was once known as America's "Iron City," Chris Jussel talks about Pittsburgh's history as a center of the steel industry, its decline in the mid 20th century and its current revival as one of the country's most livable cities, with a world class symphony and dozens of museums. Among the many items brought to the David L. Lawrence Convention Center, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW appraisers spot a finely crafted silver libation set and a Queen Victoria commemorative parasol.
209: ANTIQUES ROADSHOW experts are in Pittsburgh looking for silver, American furniture and fine paintings. Host Chris Jussel welcomes viewers from the Pittsburgh Regional History Center, built in 1898 as an ice warehouse, now restored as a permanent exhibit space for Pittsburgh's rich historical legacy. At the David L. Lawrence Convention Center, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW specialists are excited about a number of rare finds, including a Civil War-era Saxhorn and a signed and dated Gibson L-5 guitar.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Moreno, Aida (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Antiques Roadshow; Pittsburgh, Pa,” 09/06/1997, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 27, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0007C396E77D48D3B5614AB9F42203A3.
- MLA: “Antiques Roadshow; Pittsburgh, Pa.” 09/06/1997. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 27, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0007C396E77D48D3B5614AB9F42203A3>.
- APA: Antiques Roadshow; Pittsburgh, Pa. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0007C396E77D48D3B5614AB9F42203A3