Masterpiece Radio Theatre; Tenant of Wildfell Hall, The
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Masterpiece Radio Theatre
- Tenant of Wildfell Hall, The
- Series Description
Series premiered May 5, 1979 Produced by WGBH Radio, Masterpiece Radio Theatre is a 52 week series of classic drama featuring dramatizations of American literary classics and selections from the BBC’s outstanding repertoire of radio drama. Programs included Anna Karenina, House of Mirth, Moby Dick, Jane Eyre, Far From the Madding Crowd, Sons and Lovers, and Les Miserables. Hosted by Julie Harris and produced by Elinor Stout.
See May 1979 On-Air Radio Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 5/5/1979
- Program Description
Aired Sundays October 28-December 2, 1979 A six part dramatization of the novel by Anne Bronte. Helen Graham and her son Arthur move into the long vacant Wildfell Hall and puzzle the townspeople with their reclusive habits. Rosalind Shanks plays Helen Graham and Russell Dixon is Gilbert Markham the farmer who becomes enthralled with her and her tragic story.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Radio Theater
- Chicago: “Masterpiece Radio Theatre; Tenant of Wildfell Hall, The,” 10/13/1979, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 11, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_E61F34AA9354450298C0DE744E13ED29.
- MLA: “Masterpiece Radio Theatre; Tenant of Wildfell Hall, The.” 10/13/1979. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 11, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_E61F34AA9354450298C0DE744E13ED29>.
- APA: Masterpiece Radio Theatre; Tenant of Wildfell Hall, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_E61F34AA9354450298C0DE744E13ED29