Morning Stories; Silent War, The
Morning Stories, Marga Dieter session (conversation)
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Morning Stories
- Silent War, The
- Series Description
Radio Unforgettable stories from everyday people, produced and directed by Tony Kahn.
Morning Stories was the first weekly podcast in public broadcasting, as well as being featured in the launch of the iTunes podcast store. MORNING STORIES earned a number of awards, including a Gabriel and a medal from the New York International Festival. Series release date: 2004-2008
- Program Description
Five-year-old Marga Dieter knew how to keep quiet, and survive, in wartime Germany. Also, a powerful letter from the other side.
Thanks to Magnatune recording artist Vito Paternoster for the use of "Suite II in re minore - prelude" in the production of this week's podcast.
Marga Dieter is the author of "Aamie's War: Women and Children on the German Homefront."
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Mott, Gary (Series Producer)
- Kahn, Tony (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Morning Stories; Silent War, The,” 08/27/2007, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_BDFE8FA2A7BA43A888463141945FB709.
- MLA: “Morning Stories; Silent War, The.” 08/27/2007. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_BDFE8FA2A7BA43A888463141945FB709>.
- APA: Morning Stories; Silent War, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_BDFE8FA2A7BA43A888463141945FB709