Turk Murphy at Easy Street, San Franciso 1958 Southern Hot Dance by Hal Kemp 1928 Varsity 7 with Ted Hawkins and Joe Sullivan 1940 Jimie Lunceford "Le Jazz Hot" 1939
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Jazz Decades
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ray Smith's weekly traditional/historical jazz program appeals to the devotee as well as the neophyte. The hour features traditional jazz, Big Band and swing from the entire 20th century and before, including recordings from as early as 1890. Series release date: 1972
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Recorded Music
- Smith, Ray (Series Producer)
- Schwartz, Steve (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Jazz Decades,” 07/07/1986, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 24, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_ACCC3AC97F4541BAB16B4E89C11F5F6D.
- MLA: “Jazz Decades.” 07/07/1986. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 24, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_ACCC3AC97F4541BAB16B4E89C11F5F6D>.
- APA: Jazz Decades. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_ACCC3AC97F4541BAB16B4E89C11F5F6D