Legacy Of The Letter, The: The Scarlet Letter Commentaries; Legacy Of The Letter, The
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Legacy Of The Letter, The: The Scarlet Letter Commentaries
- Legacy Of The Letter, The
- Program Number
- Series Description
A series of four half-hour documentaries that aired on WGBH-FM the same nights as the television programs, April 2-5, 1979. They looked at issues raised in the novel from the prismatic perspective of the 17th century Puritan period, Hawthorne’s 19th century era and contemporary 20th century America. The Legacy features lively conversations with humanities scholars, audio clips from the TV series, music, sound effects, on-the-street interviews and illuminating excerpts from 17th and 19th century literature, journals, and sermons.
See On-Air April 1979 Radio program guide for cover story. Series release date: 1979
- Program Description
The final program examines the remnants and lasting effects of Puritan values and attitudes in America, as well as Hawthonre’s influence on generations of writers.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Sirota, Barbara (Series Producer)
- Hahn, Cliff (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Legacy Of The Letter, The: The Scarlet Letter Commentaries; Legacy Of The Letter, The,” 03/21/1979, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed November 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_9C051AC6FD3541C9801273409A22AC63.
- MLA: “Legacy Of The Letter, The: The Scarlet Letter Commentaries; Legacy Of The Letter, The.” 03/21/1979. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. November 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_9C051AC6FD3541C9801273409A22AC63>.
- APA: Legacy Of The Letter, The: The Scarlet Letter Commentaries; Legacy Of The Letter, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_9C051AC6FD3541C9801273409A22AC63